Scoliosis is a lateral curve or twist in what should be a straight spine.
90% of parents miss the early subtle signs of scoliosis completely. In fact, most children who have scoliosis are unaware they have it, as it is always painless to start, and hence often goes unnoticed until it is too late. Unfortunately, once that twist becomes established it is very hard to correct.
Signs that indicate you need an assessment:
- Uneven shoulders
- ‘Winging out’ of one shoulder blade
- Uneven hip heights
- Prominent humping of ribs with bending forward
- Odd wear patterns on one shoe
- Weakness, tingling or numbness
- Obvious postural asymmetry
- Daily ache and pain
How we can help
When identified at a young age, it is possible to effectively treat the condition without the use of restrictive braces or surgical intervention. I spotted it in my daughter at age 4 and rectified it, get your child checked too. Chiropractic care, coupled with specific rehabilitation exercises may reduce a scoliotic curve.
If you, or a family member is suffering with scoliosis make an appointment today and find out how we can help. At Vitality Chiropractic, we highly recommend a scoliosis check of all children before the age of 5.
How to reduce the chance of scoliosis in you and your children
- Book a professional assessment with us today
- Check if there is a family history of scoliosis
- Keep a strong core (ask us how)
- Limit TV and computer time
- Make stretching a regular activity
- Choose the correct mattress & pillow (ask us how)
- Maintain great posture always
Try these two twists from our set of twists to loosen the spine, download your copy and get started.
THE BEST TWIST STRETCHES
Give them a go!
Enter your details below to download the stretches